Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yes, I am Bothered

That Kathryn Jean Lopez is up to it again!

Wait, did I just link to The Corner, forcing the reader not only to comb through dozens of posts to find ones by the relevant author, but also forcing the reader to figure out which one of those posts is the the target of commentary? Whoops! I just pulled a Lopez!

If you were looking for the relevant post, here it is! As you can see, she links to the front page of another blog. But by the time I clicked on it, the post she seemed (I'm not a mind-reader, so I can't say with any certainty) to be referring to was no longer the latest post. If only there were some way to link to exactly what you want, so that readers don't think you're a solipsist.

Wait, I just did. In this post. But then, I've never been the editor of an online magazine, so my greater competence in basic Internet skills is only to be expected.

?!

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, June 18, 2009 , Blogger JSA said...

:-)

BTW, if you ever want to make sure that KJL's Google PageRank doesn't increase, simply by virtue of her having been offensive enough to provoke inbound hyperlinks, you can link to her without contributing to search engine ranking by adding rel="nofollow" to the hyperlink.

 
At 12:20 PM, June 19, 2009 , Blogger Vernunft said...

Good to know, thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home