Monday, June 15, 2009

Not OK

Kathryn Jean Lopez has to stop posting on The Corner.

I was going to leave it at that. But this article has always bothered me. It's not a Corner post, so it's easily avoided, but...this is just vintage Lopez.

It's the title. And then the subtitle. The title is not clever. It's not terrible, but definitely not as clever as it wants to be. But then the subtitle...it actually attacks everything that even attempted to make the title clever. It's as if she said, "But seriously, fuck Kant, right?" Why would she say that?! Is it so obvious that Kant is terrible that the reader is going to be worried? "Whoa, Bill Bennett reads Kant? Forget him! Douche."

What? WHAT? Ms. Lopez does stuff like this all the time. She'll say something ridiculously incomplete, something that takes making an assumption you can't figure out to make sense. Is there some policy at National Review of conducting daily two minutes' hates at Kant's expense? "Bill Bennett liking Kant; can you imagine?" YES, I CAN IMAGINE. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO IMAGINE, SO HARD THAT YOU DIDN'T BOTHER EXPLAINING IT?

I'm pretty sure I first found that article a while back, when my dad told me Bill Bennett mentioned Kant on his radio show. So, an idiotic article got even closer to Albrightian territory.

Almost every one of her Corner posts is this bad. The title of the post is usually baffling. It baffles me; I am baffled. The content is rarely good either.

Just stop this; stop having this occur.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, June 16, 2009 , Anonymous Nick Milne said...

Oh man let me try one

Bill Bennett, better than Jesus
Not that that's much of an achievement

Yes, I can see how this sort of thing would come to be wearisome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home