Monday, December 15, 2008

Actions Have Consequences

Proud of yourselves?
The remaining 3 “major” labels – Universal, Sony and EMI - will be out of the classical business within 2 years. They will create no more than a handful of additional classical CDs. With the possible exception of a few “crossover” artists the labels will drop all of their classical artists. The majors will focus on trying to salvage their pop business and will abandon classical because it is more trouble than it is worth.
I'll admit it - I'm proud of myself. I called this more than four years ago.

It turns out, file-sharing only helps the most visible pop stars, who are marketable no matter what. It kills the marginal performers.

Yeah, I called it. I rule.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, December 19, 2008 , Blogger Dude said...

You da man now, dawg.

 
At 12:00 AM, December 26, 2008 , Blogger Freiheit said...

So, the evidence that corroborates your predictions on your blog is... some guy's predictions on his blog. I don't think you get to put a check mark in your win column just yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home