Monday, October 06, 2008

Wrong...?

I've heard a lot of people saying "Anglo-Saxon" when they mean "Anglo-American." At least, I think I'm not insane, and that "Anglo-American" is really the way to say it. Otherwise, why not just say "Anglo" and avoid the extra work? Especially when speaking of a certain school of political theory, I'm pretty sure you want to be referring to the two most important exhibitors of that kind of political thought, and not refer to the ethnicity of the inhabitants of the British Isles.

Nick, you know about these things; I'm almost sure I'm right. Let me know.

In other news, I'm pretty much sleeping every other day, my insomnia is that bad.

4 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, November 03, 2008 , Blogger Nick said...

Nick as in Nick from TSS?

 
At 7:30 PM, November 14, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're almost right. But America refers to both North and South America.

Which makes you wrong.

 
At 7:47 PM, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Auskunft said...

Well, since he never once said "American," I guess it is safe to say that your reading comprehension has failed you *yet* again.

Thanks for playing though.

 
At 11:32 PM, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Vernunft said...

We got an ignorant lefty troll, taking a break from his community college finals!

Keep reaching for that rainbow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home