Friday, October 03, 2008

Spot the Looney

Oddly Enough: Still nonsensical.

Again, I must just be slow, because I see nothing odd about the news article. If I somehow forgot what judicial review was, then maybe it would seem odd, but surely Reuters gets what that is, right?

I did enjoy reading the article because it showed me that Switzerland isn't a paradise of freedom as I had vaguely thought. The demonization of tobacco is always more important than silly things like freedom, even in supposedly robustly libertarian places.

Between this and Obama's truth squads, it looks like there's no place in the world left where basic human rights are respected! Hooray! We're all fascists now.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, October 09, 2008 , Blogger Colm said...

I find that Reuters prescribes to a different definition of odd than everyone else. Case in point, a few weeks ago they ran an 'oddly enough' story about Christians being persecuted in parts of India by Hindu nationalists.

Btw, you just knew that smoking was going to be a sign of revolutionary freedom, didn't you? First thing tomorrow, I'm going to remove the Che from my backpack and replace it with a pack of Camels.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home