Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Half-Hearted

Well, Nick, I am not quite going to indulge your request. I have a few reasons for this. First, I don't actually know six bloggers I would feel comfortable "tagging". I know two (my co-authors) who would probably be annoyed. Also, this has a vague AOL-chain-letter-y feel to it, which is thankfully mitigated by the fact that Nick is not a bothersome idiot, like AOL spammers are, and this meme is less uninteresting than most surveys - it's shorter and thus less boring, and it's not as trite.

So, I'll sort of do this. If anyone else wants to do this, go ahead. If not, you probably have more of a life than I.

Six Unspectacular Quirks

1. The first one that comes to mind is my near inability to eat cake that hasn't been frozen. Whenever someone has a birthday, I have to have my slice of cake frozen solid before I can eat it. Room temperature cake is disgustingly spongy.

2. I don't actually finish many books. I get bored with them easily. Novels are a lot easier than dry philosophy for me to finish, but even then, I skip, e.g., Tolkien's endless adventures in poesy.

3. I despise Chinese food. This wouldn't be much of a quirk, except that, every few months, I inevitably crave Chinese food. It's not that I forget how much I dislike it, I just have an inclination that overwhelms my judgment. Every time, I'm disappointed (at best) or disgusted (at worst) with the meal.

4. I can't eat without either watching TV or reading something.

5. I often dream plausible, trivial things that I thereafter come to think really happened. For instance, I dreamed that the Flyers lost a certain playoff game. They hadn't actually, but because it was a fact that really didn't matter to me, I figured it was true. A few days later I found out that what I had dreamed was impossible.

6. I learned Hebrew because of a girl.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, July 15, 2008 , Blogger Nick Milne said...

Grudging compliance, eh? That's the spirit!

That cake thing is seriously messed up, btw

 
At 12:22 AM, July 16, 2008 , Blogger Brian Visaggio said...

Stumbled across you via Nick.

Anyways. Couple things.

Regarding dreams, the other day I had, possibly, the least exciting dream in history: that the dollar store down the street finally opened. I was very happy.

And I tried to learn Polish for a girl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home